Today, The Mister and I talked briefly about moving to California.
The odds of this actually happening are slim, but it is certainly something I wouldn’t be adverse to. California has always held a particular appeal to me, and not even a disastrous short-lived residency in Los Angeles was enough to cool that ardor. Plus, my CA driver’s license picture was gorgeous. Maybe I could recreate that magic.
Don’t get me wrong – I love Colorado, and I am quite happy in Colorado, but I could also see myself being quite happy in Southern California. Not L.A., but one of the beach towns.
There are so many pros to this:
- I could keep my job and just transfer offices.
- I could actually drive my car year round.
- The beach.
- The sun.
- The Mister would be back home.
- It’d be a new adventure.
- My wardrobe is much more warm-weather friendly.
- I wouldn’t have to feel guilty about not knowing how to board or ski.
- I would be tan.
- My hair would turn blonde.
- And so many, many more.
Like I said, the chances of us moving to California (at least in the foreseeable future) are so small as to be negligible, but it is a change I would certainly be open to.
Who knows? Maybe one of these days I’ll be a California girl after all.